Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Sock Hop


Frosdaddy and I deejay for the youth dances. Well, he does most the work and I just sit there and ask him to dance....a lot. In September there was a 50's sock hop. I thoroughly did my research on what men and women wore then. Frosdaddy slicked his hair and parted it, tucked in his shirt, folded his pants, and wore loafer look-alikes. I wore a cute fluffy dress, pin curled my hair, wore gloves and pearls, wore the "ballet" shoe WITH socks. (too bad you can't see our legs!) And of course RED lips. Altogether it was a fun night. It was also the night after Frosdaddy's car accident. You can see his hospital band on his wrist still!

3 comments:

Bill and Jennifer Hammond said...

Aww!! You two are cute!!!

Megan Gery said...

way cute. i like the pincurls. i've always wanted to try that. is it hard? and wait--forrest was in an accident? when? i can see that he's okay, but he was in the hospital?!?

Michael Nielsen said...

Car accident?!?! Did I know about that? Apparently the answer is "no"..... or maybe I simply forgot because it was no big deal? Of course, 'no big deal' kinds of accidents don't usually involve wrist bands from hospitals.....