Friday, November 6, 2009

Hunger Games...if you need a laugh!



Ok, so at first I was really embarrassed about this! However, I have resolved to lighten up! I want to feel like I am always dancing! (Those of you who social dance know the feeling)

So I decided to share what I was previously embarrassed to share.

With that being said, I will continue.

I absolutely love Suzanne Collins book: The Hunger Games. And to my greatest delight I read that Lionsgate had bought the rights to the book and will be making a movie to be released 2011!
You can imagine: I was pretty excited. Imagine all you Twilight Fans: when they first announced Twilight would be a movie. You were excited...you couldn't wait to see it! AND some part of you (admit it) really wanted to be a part of it...or at least try to be.

Well, that is how I feel about The Hunger Games. Except...I did something about it. I sent in an audtion tape to Lionsgate! (Ok, this is where you can laugh!)
I know, I know. I will never get a part. I have almost ZERO acting experience. And fans of the book will be quick to tell me: I am too old to play the part. (I could totally pass for a 16 year old! IMHO) I doubt anyone important will even watch it. But it was exciting to do....and I feel silly sharing it with all of you, don't laugh toooooo hard at my expense...ok?

THE VIDEO WON'T LOAD! How bogus! I will try again later. I guess I will keep you in suspense! :-)

5 comments:

Brooks said...

I love love love that you did that. And you never ever know.

Unknown said...

Way to be brave and send an audition tape, I think that is really cool. LOL, anyways I am glad you are excited for the movie I thought that it was an awesome book, and I think that it will be an awesome book considering that Suzanne Collins is writing the movie herself, but I am curious what do you think the movie will be rated. I don't think it will be are because after all it is a childrens book and pg just seems a little to soft so I hope they aim for a pg-13

Anonymous said...

No way! I love that book and thought it would be an awesome movie, too. Good job you for doing something! I'm so proud!

Rackham Family said...

Ok, so my audition tape was VERY premature...Suzanne Collins will not be working on the screenplay until after she is done with the third book....and that does not come out until September 2010....heh...so, I guess I will improve my acting and send in a better one in six months or so! :-D

Rackham Family said...

oh, and I think it will be PG-13...it is a book for 12 and up after all! (but you never know...Hollywood ruins almost everything it touches!