Friday, March 11, 2011

Umm..sorry?

Today Mr. L spilt his bottle of water. I chuckled and with a smile on my face said: "You better get a towel to clean that up!" He looked at me smiling warily and I smiled in return--wondering at his strange reaction--and walked over to get a towel. As I was passing him the towel he stated: "Mommy, you weren't mean." ~shame~

I will be the first to admit I have been a "mean" mommy lately. Stressing about school loans,psychology internships, and personal book goals have created a short temper in me. I know that I have not been the best mother lately but Mr. L brought the shame to the surface. In reply: "Yes, Mr. L, today I did not get upset at you. I have not been very kind when you spill, huh?" Then I proceeded to help him clean up his water mess.

The truth is--he caught me in a good mood. If I had been in a brooding mood on the issues that cause such feelings I am sure I would have reacted in an impatient and inappropriate way. Rest assured, friends, that I am working on it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean! There are so many times when I catch myself overreacting at the smallest stuff. And it definitely occurs when I am more stressed. Poor Chase, I fear, gets the brunt of it because he's the oldest. *Sigh* I too am working on it. :) Miss you guys!